Shower negotiations


Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Crying's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free, nothing's worryin' me

It wont be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Crying's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free, nothing's worryin' me

                                                                                    Hal David


We had a bit of trouble getting dressed this morning, but overall, it has not been nearly as bad as it has been. I made him take a shower, and he complied. He is up and down these days. It is like he wants to comply, but something inside of him is saying no. He will say yes, and then when he tries to do it, he will back out, almost like he is panicking.  He took the shower, but something made me lock away his sweater and pants until he was done. When he finished the shower, he usually loves to get dressed. This time he tried to argue that he wanted the sweater and pants inside the bathroom. I could tell he wanted to put them over his wet clothes. I said he had to get out of his wet things first, and put on his dry boxers and t-shirt, and then I would gladly trade his wet things for his sweater and pants. Aodhan argued. He gnashed his teeth and obstinately refused. He dripped all over the floor, he pushed and shoved to try to get down the hall. Finally, after 20 minutes, I said “Fine! Stay in shorts and a t-shirt”. I made him go outside onto the roof, which he did. I told him to stay out until he was dry. He finally knocked at the door and tried to force his way back in. It didn’t work. By that time, I had locked up his back pack as well. Another twenty minutes or so went by. He knocked, softer this time. I went to the window. “Yes?” I asked. “I want to come in and change”. “Ok”, I replied. He did change, and we went out and walked around downtown all day. 

Aodhan really likes to visit the live animal section of the market, but he does not want to visit the zoo, because he says he thinks zoos are mean and he doesn’t like to see animals caged up. I’m never sure how he rationalizes things. 

In the afternoon, we took the purple combi around a long way past the golf club and home. Aodhan wants to go back to the golf club, he also wanted to go riding again. They are on our list.

In the evening we went over and had supper and watched a movie with Yesenia’s family. I am so glad they are here. I don’t think they realize just how important they have been to me. We walked home, and Alicia came in and slept with Aodhan. .



A long line of little yellow taxis on a narrow street - and no, they are not moving


just cut right in when you want to ...


The live animal area. I'm not sure Aodhan wants to admit that the animals here are not to take home as pets.


Fresh pork - just sitting here all day waiting to be bought. We really over refrigerate in Canada


The fountain in Plaza de Aramas


Aodhan drawing in Plaza de Aramas


Five cheeky pigeons in Plaza de Aramas


Comments