oriented and disoriented


22MAR08

Upside down
Boy, you turn me
Inside out
And round and round
Upside down
Boy, you turn me
Inside out
And round and round

I cleaned and did laundry all morning. I have given up on diatomaceous earth. The main pest here are tiny ants. They come in the thousands. We’ve seen a couple of geckos in our apartment, and not too many other bugs. There is the occasional large ant or such, but it is the tiny ants that have their highways running up the walls that are frustrating. I have looked for those little sugar water ant drops, the ones that the ants eat and take back to their nests, that will get rid of the entire colony, but they don’t seem to have them here.

Rita came over about 2 p.m. and went over lesson plans with me. I am now much more comfortable with what I will be teaching. I still don’t have all of the books, and apparently, for at least one of the classes, there are only enough books for the students, so I don’t get one! Rita was very happy with all the books and things I brought and says that the school can make good use of all of them. Rita stayed until after 6 p.m. We are going to try to swap US History for Grade 8 English. I have the grade 8’s for reading, but not for English, which does not make sense. The guy that was teaching before me apparently hated the grade 8’s and had their English class removed from his schedule, so that is why he had US history. Anyway, we’ll see. Rita invited us to her Easter Brunch the next day at 10:30 a.m.

After Rita left I made some Rice and beef stir-fry dish and the kids went to bed. I started to feel like I had gas. My stomach started to hurt and it got worse. I took Ovol and that seemed to help a bit and I fell asleep. At 10:30 I woke up in agony. I felt like one of the characters in Alien that had a creature growing inside of them, ready to tear them open from the inside. This was not gas. I took more ovol and a sleeping pill and tried to sleep. The entire night was agonizing. I would wake in pain, I would roll around, I would sit and stand and roll on the floor. I threw up until there was nothing in my stomach and then I dry heaved some more. I could hardly stand because I was so dizzy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow great sidewalk art guys

Now take a look at this guys sidewalk art. It is so three dimensional that people think that they might fall in and stuff!!

enter the following inside brackets in google
(arte-en-el-piso)

or go to the following web site ( but google is better cause there are more examples and this way makes you sign up to wordpress)

http://enatorv.wordpress.com/2008/04/09/arte-en-el-piso/