Tela

Hi

I´m sitting here beside an absolutely beautiful Carribean beach with palm trees and sunshine. The kids are a little sunburned, but otherwise ok. We have decided to play hookey for a couple of days and go to the beach. What a great idea. The kids spent the entire morning on the beach, the afternoon in the hotel pool and thi evening they are lying with eyes like little slits watching cartoons. They found half a dozen little friends on the beach and were playing with them all morning. Tomorrow and the next couple of days we have signed up for some tours of the national parks etc. Tomorrow we go to Punta Sal. Honduras is such a lovely place and I don´t think I have been afraid of anything more than sunburn here. Everyone is so family oriented and concerned about children. We took the bus here and we will take it home on Monday. Tomorrow night the kids might go tubing on huge inflatable bananas behind speed boats - I found out that it only costs about 30L for a ride. (that´s about $1.50). In Canada, it would be about $20+. I am starting to think I may not come home...just joking... just thinking about the $4 - 1 hour pedicure and the $3.50 manicure I got the other day... It is really hot - so I think I will go for a dip in the lovely hotel pool before my $10 lobster dinner...

Comments

iain said…
ok, I"m not feeling as guilty now that I left you all alone..
BEACH! WOW! Nice..
Here the weather has turned cold again, and it was 5 degrees and raining this morning as I got up to take Iain to the bus..Ahh,,Hindsite!!
If I"d KNOWN I wasn't eligible for EI! IF I'd KNOWN it would still be like MARCH in MAY! ..IF I'd KNOWN that Iain WOULD have been willing to go with me for a MONTH!! IF I'd KNOWN that Stephen would notice how useless the last 2 months of school are in our public system...
Ahh,...but hindsite..eyes in your backside, head in the sand...
well, enjoy your beach weekend, Elaine..and Pity all us poor souls who are suffering the COLD ...STILL!!
I'm going with you next year!! (Lets find a school near a beaach!!)
hil