A New Adventure


23 April, 2013




I sit on the plane and it never seems real. It never seems like anything other than an ordinary day. It hasn’t seemed real for the past week since Almir sent a message through our Cerulean Facebook site, saying that his friend needed help moving his Beneteau 36.7 from the British Virgin Islands back to Toronto. 

14 April, 2013 7:54 AM

Hi everyone- I would like to extent an invitation for a little adventure. The other boat that I sail is coming back from the BVI at the end of this month and we are looking for sailors to help us bring the boat back ….If you are interested in doing some real offshore sailing let me know…. 

Stage 1 = a 10 day offshore sail from BVI's to New York city.
Stage 2 = an 8 to 10 day motor up the Hudson and Erie canal.

Almir

I replied immediately.

14 April, 2013 8:37 AM

Greg and I are very interested - let us know the details.

They only wanted one more crew member for the trip, so that is me. Greg drew the short straw.

So now, here I sit, on my Jet Blue flight from Buffalo through Boston and my destination is the BVI’s. Is there something about the letter “B”? 

We had a very short connection, and had to run to catch our flight in Boston. The plane from Boston to BVI’s was not full, so Almir and I each got three leather seats to stretch out on and sleep on. This helped make up some of the sleep from getting up at three a.m. to get to the airport. Poor Greg, he got up in the middle of the night to drive us to Buffalo, he still had to drive back through rush hour traffic to Toronto. 

Comments