Cataratas


Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows?
And what's on the other side
Rainbows are visions
But only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told
And some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong wait and see
Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Who said that ev'ry wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
Look what it's done so far
What's so amazing
That keeps us star-gazing?
And what do you think we might see
Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

All of us under its spell
We know that it's probably magic

Have you been half asleep
And have you heard voices
I've heard them calling my name
Is this the sweet sound
That calls the young sailors
The voice might be one and the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
It's something that I'm supposed to be
Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

The lovers, the dreamers and me
                                                               Paul Williams 


20NO13

I packed everything up in the morning and had some coffee and a piece of bread and butter. All Aodhan would eat was some watermelon. Well, that’s not true, he would have eaten lots of bread, but I am still trying to keep him gluten and dairy free. He didn’t want any of the other food.

We went to the bus terminal, and bought tickets for our trip tonight, and then headed off to the waterfall again. We got free admission again. The admission is usually 170AP for one person. They let us take the truck ride through the jungle, to where the boats load, and then brought us back to the central station. It was kind of a fun trek through the forest for Aodhan. 

After the truck ride, we walked the lower waterfall path, and then the upper waterfall path. Now that I have gotten over not going on the boat ride, I really did enjoy the park. The waterfalls area is so beautiful because it is in a natural setting, with of course the odd couple of hotels and park buildings visible in the distance. 

Aodhan walked all the paths with me, complaining that he wanted to go other directions and that we were going the wrong way, but he came. Aodhan mentioned he was a little hungry here and there, but he did not complain. We didn’t get back until about 5pm, and he hadn’t eaten anything all day. We had a really great day.

Back at the hotel, Aodhan sat outside while I made dinner, and then ate a big steak, mashed potatoes and rice. I packed up a big bowl of rice and cut up steak chunks and sautéed vegetables to eat on the bus. We took a long walk to the bus terminal to take up some time. I left Aodhan at the bus terminal with the luggage, and left to go to the grocery store nearby to buy some more agua con gas and some rice crackers. As soon as he thought I was far enough away, he started opening the suitcase to search for his sweaters. I raced back to him and he laughed and said “fine” when I said I was taking the suitcase with me. 

The bus finally pulled in, and Aodhan hardly balked at having to put the case underneath. He sat upstairs saying that he needed to get off and get it from underneath though, and I had to keep restraining him. Luckily I was able to get Greg on Face Time through the bus terminal’s wi-fi and he talked to Aodhan with me for the ten minutes. The first few stops, Aodhan tried to get off the bus and get his suitcase, but after that he has been fine. I think we are making progress.

There is a really nice French couple sitting beside us - two guys from the south of France. I gave them some tips on where to stay and what to see. They are only going half way, so they will get off in the morning. We stay on until 6:30pm. 





This is the island in the middle. The big wide horseshoe falls is to the left. That is the one that the pictures in the last Waterfall blog are of.



















Comments