Slug Day


To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

A time to build up,a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time for love, a time for hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

                                                            King Solomon/Pete Seeger


19NOV13

We stayed around the hostel today. I went out and walked around the city for a bit. Aodhan stayed home and collected slugs. It really is a nice little town. I saw a boat ride that would have taken me over to the Paraguay side of the river. I decided to come back tomorrow or the next day with Aodhan and take the boat ride. I would like to go across Paraguay to go home, because it will cut off about 1-3 hours of travel time. However, they want $150 per person for a visa to enter the country. I can’t justify this so that I can be there for a couple of hours. 

The grocery stores are open the morning, from about 9am until about 1:30pm. Then they close. The sign said they opened again at 4pm. At 4:30, I got ready to go out. I sat in front of the stores until almost 5:30, along with a group of other people and several delivery trucks that were trying to unload. 

I went back to the hostel and Aodhan was smelling really bad, like he had to take a crap. I told him he needed to shower and change clothes and he said he would, but to just give him a little while. The long and short of it is that after coming in and sitting right beside one of the guests, smelling very bad, I told him to go back outside until he is willing to shower, even if he wants to stay out there all night. There is a shower outside and I gave him his bathing suit which he likes to wear in the shower. Aodhan went outside, quickly put his bathing suit on, and before I could stop him, jumped right in the pool in front of the guests. The owner asked us to leave in the morning. He is a really nice guy and I hold nothing against him. 


These are the Mate de Yerba cups. Everyone drinks it, and they actually carry cups like this around, although you can buy more modern ones.


Many of the side streets are paved in this type of stone. Pretty, but the roads are very rough.


Our hostel - very nice - give it good points


Aodhan and his pet slug


Aodhan looking at his slug family under the bamboo grove in the backyard


A side street in Puerto Iguazu. It is quite a pretty town.

Comments